Some tax disputes require elevated action
Where a tax dispute cannot be resolved through the audit or objection process, Aptum can help obtain a final determination of your tax position through the Courts and Tribunals.
Aptum’s tax disputes leaders include a former barrister with over 11 years’ experience at the Tax and Commercial Bar, a former Executive Director and Senior Lawyer of the ATO’s litigation department, and a former Judicial Registrar of the Federal Court of Australia, and its National Coordinating Registrar for Tax.
Aptum are specialists in tax and commercial litigation – our singular focus on disputes creates an important focus and experience on executing litigation strategy, delivering winning outcomes through to trial.
How can Aptum help?
- acting for you in any review of an objection decision in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal or equivalent State Tribunal.
- acting for you in any appeal to the Federal Court of Australia or equivalent State Supreme Court.
- defending any debt recovery actions filed against you at all levels of State Courts (Local/Magistrates, District/County or Supreme Courts).
- defending any insolvency proceedings – such as bankruptcy proceedings or winding up applications – filed against you or your company in the Federal Circuit Court, Federal Court or relevant Supreme Court.
- acting for you in any administrative law challenges under the Administrative Decisions (Judicial Review) Act 1977 or s 39B of the Judiciary Act 1903, such as a review of a decision to issue a garnishee notice or information-gathering notice.
- acting for you in any claims made by a liquidator in relation to, or arising from, your tax liability or your company’s tax liability; and
- acting for you in any mediation or conciliation of the legal proceedings.
What Makes Aptum Different
Select Team Members
“Cost effective professional advice with an efficient cohesive team that take pride in their work and are client focused.”- Event Director, Property Dispute 9.3 Overall Experience
“I was kept informed every step of the way with quick, reliable advice. I felt that they cared about getting me a good outcome.”- Director, Partnership Dissolution Dispute 10 Overall Experience
“From the moment I engaged Aptum they were incredibly professional, thoughtful, and very sensitive to my situation.”- Senior Executive, Employment Dispute 10 Overall Experience
“Aptum Legal was able to grasp the complexities of [my industry], which previous lawyers were unable to understand. My personal preference is for Aptum Legal to open in Queensland.”- Individual, Employment Dispute 10 Overall Experience
“I can’t recommend Nigel Evans & his team highly enough. I found him to be an excellent communicator, intelligent, caring & importantly a great listener. His advice & ability to negotiate a quick resolution for me were first class.”- Andrew Sakeson, Property Dispute 10 Overall Experience
“Nigel made the process as least stressful as he was able to and the outcome confirms that his advice took me on the best path to a strong resolution.”- Anonymous 10 Overall Experience
What Our Clients Say About AptumSEE GOOGLE REVIEWS
5 Tips for In-House Counsel Managing Litigation
Eric Maben, Senior Lawyer, provides five tips for in-house Counsel on how to project manage the litigation and dispute resolution process to get the best results for your business.Learn More